- my bf: *doesnt reply*
- me: [fuck this, I can do so much better than this ashy ass bitch. what am I supposed to do with some lil dick for the rest of my life anyways??? let me call his best friend MATTER OF FACT LET ME CALL HIS BROTHER. he’s not even that cute for me to be stressing over him. only reason I dated him is cause my girl told me to give his lil ugly ass a chance I'm over it tho, next! ha ha!]
- my bf: my bad I had to pee.
- me: I thought you did! wassup babe 😍😛
A black (male) protestor/resident of Ferguson, as quoted in Newsweek.
Here is where the “talking-head”/op-ed bent of our media and culture has failed us. While they all want to bemoan the “12% voter turnout at the last election,” no one has the sense to ask about the structural forces that contribute to that low figure. Instead they (and I’m including Al Sharpton in this category) yell at black voters to do their part, or, when they’re being nice about it, try to get protestors to register to vote. But listen to those protestors who cannot vote. They’re telling us they never stood a chance.
See also: It’s a privilege to throw out “Just go vote! Get your voice heard!” because everybody doesn’t get that.
Wait…..Al Sharpton is yelling at you because he is encouraging Black folks - who can - to register, vote, and sit on juries…. — because felons (wrongly) aren’t allowed to vote?what the fuck are you even saying??
okaaaaaaaay…i cant with this bullshit today….
Anonymous said: As a Mexican, I preciate what Obama did for my people. But what I don't understand is Obama haven't done nothing for African Americans since he been in office but you people still praise & make excuses for him instead of demanding things that he can fix. Why is that? Do you realize that when the next white president gets into office. He or she may not listen to your problems because African American had a black president in office for eight years and didn't demand anything to better theblkrace
1. You’re asking the wrong person. I’ve spent the better part of the last 3 days talking shit about Obama. I personally like him but I’ve never praised any of his work in office.
"Do you realize that when the next white president gets into office. He or she may not listen to your problems "
None of them have ever listened to our problems. That will be par for the course.
3. True change and upward mobility for Black people in America can’t happen as a result of a president. It has to be from the ground up. I can’t think of one realistic thing Obama can do from his office that would drastically change the lives of Black people.
Apolitical Black folks love to talk shit about Obama. He is the first time they have every being interested in government leadership and probably the last. And its a big part of the problem….